Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Food Bloggers Extraordinaire

As I sit here waiting for my tea to cool down, I think it's time to share a little about my latest obsession:  food blogs.  I mean, seriously, these ladies are amazing!  Are they cooks or photographers?!  And they're so funny.  I know sometimes I think I'M funny but they are HILARIOUS.

For those of you who are new to the blogosphere...although I can't give you an actual definition of a food blog - basically a food blog is a blog about food (duh!) but I see many that are basically people posting recipes and often posting pictures of the recipes step-by-step (I know, pretty cool, right?). So if you like to cook or just if you like to eat (that includes all of us, doesn't it? ;-)) then you really should check some of these out.  There are apparently hundreds of them, because I discover loads of them daily.  It can be a bit overwhelming.  I mean, I consider myself an okay cook but these ladies make it look easy.

I do wonder, however, how much of their daily lives are wrapped up in "the blog."  I tried just to take a picture of my finished product of the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cake recently and it took me a while to get the lighting right to get the *perfect* picture.  And, seriously, a lot of their photos look professional to me.  And I think if I tried to take pictures while I was actually cooking, I might feel a little schizophrenic and forget something crucial like the flour (I am always trying to live down that one moment in my baking history where I forgot the flour).  It could happen!

I laughed the other day when I was reading the Simply Scratch blog where a lady commented that she felt "inadequate" when she read this lady's blog.  And I can definitely see what she means...I mean, who is going to read my piddly little blog when there are so many amazing blogs (how many times can I use the word AMAZING in one post?) out there that put the rest of us to shame?!

But like with anything, if you do it just so people see you - what kind of happiness are you really going to get out of it anyways?  I started blogging as an outlet for my creative writing genius (ha!), but really if blogging makes me happy - even if nobody reads it (heaven forbid!) then blogging it is!

My tea is cooled down now, and I think I hear a little voice in the other room telling me that my little boy is awake now.

But before I go, here are some of my favorite food blogs so far:

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails