Saturday, July 31, 2010

Recipe Review: The Brownies

Hold onto your hats!  We might have ourselves a winner here!

You may not know this, but I have been desperately searching for the perfect brownie recipe for years now.  I admit it, I have been hooked on commercial brownie mixes all these years.  Why?  Oh, well it might be the...add a little water, a little oil and a couple of eggs and PRESTO...brownies!

But before you professionals out there swoon in shock, please note the real reason why I haven't found a suitable substitute for my beloved box brownies is the consistency/texture.  Most brownie recipes I try taste more like a chocolate cake than a brownie.  As in, you have to eat them with a fork and are much better with frosting on them.  But brownies are meant to be eaten with your fingers!  And the ooey-gooey goodness should simply melt in your mouth.

Craving them yet? ;-)

Well, we'll just have to wait and see.  I'll let you know how they turn out (or rather how our guests this evening enjoy them topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce).  Now I KNOW I've gotten your attention!

Don't worry I'll be adding the recipe as soon as we taste-test them.

How do you like to eat your brownies (hands, fork, topped with chocolate syrup, hot/cold)?  Do you have a favorite brownie recipe?  If so, please SHARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails