Sunday, August 15, 2010

When I Grow Up


Do you ever have this feeling sometimes that your life is a bit like the movie Big (or 13 Going on 30 for the younger generation)?  Somehow you've woken up and found yourself in a brave, new world where you are suddenly a grown-up?

Okay, SO I'm a woman in her thirties.  But, seriously, I still have a lot of things I want to do when I grow up (for real):  travel the world, write a book, own my own business,...

Yes, I know what you're thinking.  Travel the world?!  Don't you, like, LIVE in Egypt?  Didn't you spend 6 months in Paris, France, and another 2 months in Yemen and in the Philippines?  Why, yes sir, I sure did and why thank you for reminding me that my dreaming days are over.  

But what about Paris with my husband, London on a non-rainy day (and when I am not suffering from a horrible cold), Rome, Athens, the Great Wall of China, Salzburg-Austria (where the hills are alive), Budapest (or is it Prague), Prince Edward Island, New York at Christmas, Disney World, VENICE...

Oh, and yes I do want to write a book one day.  I'm not really sure why.  I know that there are loads of people out there who never think of writing a book one day and they write books all the time.  So what is so special about me wanting to write a book?  I don't know, it's just something I'd like to do.  I'll let you know if I ever do.

And in my mind I have owned the perfect little bookstore for years.  It's one of those stores that has all the BEST books to read (which of course I could personally recommend because I would have READ every single book there) and a sweet little cafe attached where one can sit and read books to her little heart's content.  Oh, and don't forget the home-baked goods on sale that I made myself.  I didn't say it was a realistic place, just that it's been in my mind all these years.  But where oh where would that little shop fit here in Cairo?  And who would ever want necessarily to read all the books that I like?!

Still I have to say that He did pretty good when He planned out my life.  I still have those "Big" moments where I stop and look around in disbelief.  After all, who could have imagined THIS?!

But don't worry I am not about to give up those dreams yet either...

1 comment:

  1. keep up your writing! It's so FUN to read!

    tana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails