Thursday, August 05, 2010

My New Best Friend

These are about to become my new best friend...

The only thing worse than your average cold is the one that sneaks up on you in the middle of summer...and the only thing worse than THAT is the knowledge that the tickle in your throat will be a full-fledged cold in about 24 hours.

So last night I finally took a Claritin as apparently downing unlimited amounts of Vitamin C and orange juice yesterday was not helping.

Prepare to enter the haze...

I know, I know, Claritin is non-drowsy.  And it is, really it is.  But somehow I always feel a little bit out of it on days when I take any kind of cold medicine.  Maybe it's just the side effects of the cold itself, not the medicine.

Now all I need is a nap.  My son is happily napping right now and, quite frankly, I should be right there with him.  I don't know about you but sleep for me really is better than any medicine I can take.

Actually quite a few people have been coming down with colds lately.  And considering that the weather is so hot right now, I guess it's only right that we should all suffer together right?  I mean what else could we ask for with Ramadan just around the corner.  Not only will people be grumpy from lack of food, water, and cigarettes...now they can be grumpy from having colds as well!

Just another reason to steer clear of the roads in the coming weeks.

Now about that nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails