Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Doritos and Coca-Cola

I had a craving today for Doritos and a Coca-Cola.  Granted the little bag of chips have been sitting there on our kitchen counter since last week, and the 1 liter bottle of Coke was almost empty in our refrigerator.  So basically I couldn't help myself...they were just CALLING to me!

I haven't eaten very many chips in recent years.  Sweets are more my thing - hence the refrigerator full of chocolates that my husband brings home when he travels.  What is better than everyday chocolate?  Special chocolate from Europe!

But every once in a while, I get this incredible craving for salt.  Maybe I've had too much water on that particular day...or is it not enough water?  I can never remember the whole salt vs. water thing.

And I have unsuccessfully quit drinking soft drinks.  When I was pregnant with our son, I was really good and very rarely drank Coke or Mirinda (comes in Orange or Green Apple) or Fayrous (malt-flavored Pineapple drink).  And I was okay with that because it meant I could stick to freshly squeezed juices like orange or lemon just about anywhere we went in Cairo.  Until I got terrible heartburn and had to cut out citrus as well.  Can you really drink milk with EVERY meal?!!

But now that I am no longer pregnant, the soft drinks have been calling to me.  Now I know what you're thinking...an educated 32-year-old like me should know better than to be drinking soft drinks at her age.  Yes, I KNOW there is way too much sugar in them, I KNOW that the carbonated water is just not good for you, I KNOW that caffeine isn't the best thing...

But I STILL LOVE THEM!

So here I am, basking in the unhealthy afterglow of eating a bag of Doritos and a big glass of Coca-Cola.  Does life get any better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails